Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good tidings to you, to you and your kin.

I love the holidays.
Well, most.
I'm not a huge fan of New Years, but I have time to gripe about that later....BECAUSE THIS COMING WEEKEND IS *drum roll* CHRISTMAS.


Pardon the holiday outburst, but it seriously is one of the most joyous times of the year...ever. Everyone is full of cheer, there are lights that rocket up people's electric bill, the backwards idea of putting a large tree INSIDE your house, hanging socks on your fire place, and standing under a plant hoping to get some.

That was relatively bitter of me, I apologize. I do love the cheer, the lights, and the smell of the tree; everything else can jump off a cliff. People have taken the meaning out of Christmas in my house for too long, and I finally snapped. You can't blame me, I'm doing my best to keep my mind focused of the true meaning of the season and trying not to be greedy or selfish. Those are the holiday feelings that come out when I get close to Christmas, or used to get at least.

I teach three year olds at my church, and they have continuously taught me life lessons without even knowing that they were doing so. This year, it was about Christmas. They were so happy to give their moms and dads tiny hand made ornaments, which the parents received with glee, that for a moment you could witness the purity of giving. It was astonishing to see it again and again, each child giggling as they handed their parent a home made ornament. I started to wish for the innocence and purity of a child.

Jesus was onto something when He realized that we should have the hearts of children. True, children are fallible and they still sin but when it comes down to it...they're beautifully pure.

My wish this Christmas season? To be kinder, more loving, softer with my words, and to find the child like innocence and sweetness in me.

Merry Christmas!

(I didn't have a funny picture today, I'm sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment