Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My life in a brief recap...

I am so sorry, blog.
I abandoned you.
I abandoned you for almost a year.
Can we move past this and forgive each other?
Yes?
FANTASTIC.


You must know that even if you had said no, which you might have, I still would have gone on as if the conversation went on the way I set it up. Right now I am in the Tutorial Center on campus, because Charity and Julie work here so I loiter. No one minds. Why not, right? 


Except today they have a maintenance man replacing light bulbs. And he smells like onions and mustard. Like a dirty sandwich.
I don't like it.
Make him go away.
Please?


Fine. I guess that's pay back for abandoning you. Well played, well played.


Anywho...I'm a sophomore now! Wow, time flies when you're in college. Except when you want it to...then it drags and makes you miserable. But otherwise, it flies by!
I did plays and all that nonsense, like I always do...EXCEPT NOW I'M A LEAD.
You heard me, buddy! Lead, lead, lead, lead, lead, that is me. In the play Eleemosynary (elle-uh-moss-ih-nah-ree).


I am Echo. The third generation of Wesbrook women, the youngest character in the show.
I'm really excited because things like this rarely come along to a sophomore. Usually, juniors and seniors get the lead roles. Which makes sense why my fellow two actresses are super seniors, Charity and Julie. Charity plays Artie, my mother, and Julie plays Dorothea, my grandma. These ladies are wonderful and I adore them. We're all close and help each other get through lots of problems. They keep me stable. I am blessed to be working with them.


On top of ALLLLL that exciting news, IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Love.
Christmas. 
I also love cats. So...this is the best possible example of how I feel. Cat and Christmas. Praise the Lord for the internet full of cat lovers that will make funny pictures. Like this one! 
So cute, right? I mean...come on.
 I literally adore Christmas time. Not just because of presents or anything but something about this time of year brings out the best (and worst) in people. But I have so much to be thankful for! Like, God blessing me with life and with a caring family and with the best friends and a life that is filled with fantastic opportunities. Honestly, when was the last time you actually appreciated everything God gave you? 
I know that it is hard because sometimes I get distracted but in the spirit of giving, good tidings, hope, and joy...I've been trying to revel in actually being joyful and not bitter.
Being bitter is easy.
Not being bitter is difficult.




This past semester I've experienced some heart ache.
This past year I've experienced gut wrenching problems and heart ache.
It has not been easy and through trials, I found it easy to be upset with God and everyone. It was hard for me to look at my life with appreciation. There are a lot of things I could complain about, that I could rant and rave about...but what good does that do? If all I do it complain and I don't try and make adjustments or try to do anything...then...what's the point?
If it helps you get it off your chest, then it is perfect. But you need action behind that. 


Sorry if that sounded a bit preachy.
But it's true.


Besides my mini-sermon, my life is going well. There's nothing big other than Eleemosynary (OPENS FEBRUARY 7-11). 
I'm just getting ready for finals week...which will be oodles of caboodles of fun.
Pray for me, I'll need it. 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-hope-20-uplifting-scripture-quotes/#ixzz1fswCWFAc

No comments:

Post a Comment