Wednesday, October 26, 2016

3

Well, I had tried to post regularly.

I was really trying.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Today I am going to share with you one of my favourite quick food recipes. If you follow me on Instagram then you would know that I post about the food that I make. I post about it so much that most of my posts recently have been about food. 

No, YOU have a problem. No, YOU shut up. 

ANYWAY!

Three ingredient recipes are the absolute best, especially when you don't have to buy a whole bunch of new things. I also love three ingredient recipes that use up something in your fridge that you are trying to make sure you use before it goes bad. 

The ingredient of the day: FETA.

I buy Dodoni Feta, because I am a snob. It is imported from Greece, which means it is actual feta and not imitation.

FUN FACT: The cheese is protected by EU legislations and only those cheeses manufactured in Macedonia, Thrace, Thessaly, Central Mainland Greece, the Peloponnese and Lesvos can be called ‘feta’. This means that if it isn't made in those places, IT IS A CHEAP IMITATION AND SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE...well, okay that's extreme but it tastes different. 

Part of the reason I want to share this recipe with you is because I know that eating healthy is hard. Eating healthy is hard and wanting it to be healthy is also hard. Tasty, healthy, and easy to make? I am hitting you with the three best things you want and the recipe is three ingredients. Three, oh, it's a magic number...

Okay, I'll get to the recipe portion.

Baked Egg with Feta and Tomato
-One egg
-Feta
-Chopped up cherry tomatoes 
-Seasoning (I like garlic, chilli powder, and pepper)
-A ramekin

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Chop up tomatoes (HONESTLY, this can be anything, depending on the size of your ramekin and food preference. You can use mushrooms or spinach or zucchini...it's up to you!)
3. Place chopped veggie of choice  into your ramekin then crumble feta on top. I used lots of the crumbly white cheesey goodness...because I have a problem. If you don't use tomatoes, add in some olive oil. 
4. Season it up!
5. Crack the egg on top of it all.
6. Place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy. I ate mine with pita chips.

You can see a picture of it over here, on my Instagram.
Yes, that is me plugging a social media account.
Wanna fight about it?
well.
DO YA?
please don't fight me.

No comments:

Post a Comment